A FEW WORDS FROM ISABELLE CALABRE :
The emergence here is defined as an artistic process which, while taking possibly support on the choreographic languages currently in circulation, express a singularity in one of the following fields, or in their combination : the body language ; the meeting of diverse aesthetics ; the use of specific scenographic tools ; the boldness of the approached themes as their implementation. Should be a new way, even if it’s still in the making, to approach dance and bodywork through a performance. For the springbroad Jumping #1, a particular attention will be brought to the consideration, in the choreographic proposition, of the cultural, human, social and environmental that cross the whole world of the Caraïbe.
Jumping #1 is open to emerging choreographers and collectives from the Caribbean introducing an artistic project of contemporary dance that falls under the category of emergence.
The companies candidate have to respect the following conditions :
- In the case of an association, have a head office in the Caribbean (Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Guiana, islands English speaking and Spanish speaking…)
- In the of an individual application : be domiciled in the Caribbean
- Created 3 plays max
- Present a solo or Duo
- Duration : 10 to 20 min max.
From 14/04 to 14/09/2023 : Call of applications
End of September : Annoncements of the selected projects
Saturday November 18th 2023 : Caribbean Springboard Jumping #1, in the Cultural Center Robert Loyson in the city of Le Moule, Guadeloupe
The application consists of :
– the completed online application form
– a presentation of the artistic project accompanied by the biography of the choreographer or the collective
– a video link of the project that the company wishes to present during the competition.
– a photo of the choreographer in jpeg format
– a registration fee of 40 euros (non-refundable in case of withdrawal).
Each candidate will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of his/her application.
Any incomplete file will not be retained.
Two prizes will be awarded : a Public Prize and a Jury Prize.
1 Jury Prize* and 1 Audience Prize** consisting of residencies and performances in the French overseas territories and in France
The two winning projects will also benefit from structuring assistance from RHIZOMES – La Mangrove company.
Le Dispositif Récif and the Compagnie La Mangrove will support the winners in delegated production and by accompanying them in their applications for project assistance.
- Residency at Dispositif Récif – Karukera Ballet : Accueil Ancrage en 2024 with a financial contribution of 3 000 euros, a studio for three weeks
- Residency at CCN Malandain Biarritz : Studio Reception with a support of 8 000 euros for a choreographic residency, including all expenses (artists’ remuneration, accommodation, meals…) during the 2024/2025 season. Airline tickets will be covered by the Recif Device subject to the allocation of the FEAC.
- Residence at 3-CL Luxembourg : Residence including accommodation, per diem, organization of a residence outing during the event “3 du TROIS”, communication support (video and photo shoot on request). Airline tickets will be paid for by the Reef Device subject to the allocation of the FEAC.
- A CEDAC – Guadeloupe 2024/2025 tour
- A program during the festival Le Mois Kréyol 2024/2025
- A program during the 2024/2025 season of Tropiques Atrium – Scène nationale