As a part of its RÉCIF program, Karukera Ballet would like to support choreographic companies through residencies.
THEMES OF THE CALL FOR PROJECTS 2024 :
The call for projects 2024 is linked to the artistic line of Hubert Petit-Phar, choreographer, in collaboration with Julien Ficely, Artistic director of Récif.
They wish to address themes dear to the heart of LA MANGROVE, a company associated with the Récif project.
Particular attention will be paid to projects addressing the following themes: memory, introspection, identity and gender.
OUR TYPES OF RESIDENCIES :
RESIDENCIES WILL TAKE PLACE BETWEEN MARCH 1ST AND DECEMBER 31TH, 2024
- ANCRAGE : for a period of 2 to 3 weeks, use of the large studio, with a contribution of 3,000 euros.
- AMARRAGE : for 1 week, use of a studio, with a contribution of 1,000 euros
- ACCOSTAGE : simple reception with studio rental (1 week maximum)
- MIRAGE : help with the takeover for a period of 1 to 2 weeks maximum, with the provision of a studio, and a deposit of 1,000 euros including all taxes. The aim of this aid is to facilitate the revival of a company’s repertoire, in order to better disseminate existing works and/or to compensate for the need to reprise a role due to a case of force majeure..
Each residency gives you access to a shared administrative workspace. Depending on requirements, residency durations may vary upon request and agreement with Dispositif Récif. Airfare support is available for companies from France.
These residencies are addressed to emerging or experienced companies, national or international, to support the propositions of singular writings.
Particular attention will be paid to companies from the Caribbean.
Selected projects may also benefit from artistic and/or administrative support as part of RHIZOMES, La Mangrove’s support program.
In exchange for the residency and with a focus on sharing and training, companies will be required to propose an awareness-raising activity for school students. Some awareness-raising activities may also be proposed through the Pôle Santé of the Dispositif Récif (activities to the seniors, public with disabilities …)
To strengthen the connection between artists and the public, presentations will be organized according to each project.
Presentations are scheduled for the last Saturday of each month.
TERMS OF ENROLLMENT :
Applications have to be made online through the following link : https://dispositif-recif.wiin.io/fr/applications/choreographic-residence
Deadline for submission of applications : November 30th 2023
Candidates will receive a response by the end of December 2023.
At the end of the application form, you will be asked to include the following :
- A project and team presentation file
- A cover letter
- A forecast budget
- a video link of the ongoing or previous creation
Location of the residencies
Rue Euvremont Gene Bergevin
This project is supported by the DAC Guadeloupe and the Préfecture de Guadeloupe, the Ministry of Overseas France, the Guadeloupe Region, the Departmental Council of Guadeloupe, the cities of Les Abymes and Le Moule, with the patronage of the Martiniquaise de la Valorisation and in collaboration with the TROIS C-L Luxembourg.